I don't think they can help it, really. I think my pal veronica is right... it's just in our nature to suck. We hurt one another, take advantage of one another, forget about one another... We are always going back and forth between being awesome and not awesome. This has been getting me down for the past few months... I'm not trying to throw myself a pity party or anything... and I know that I'm guilty of losing touch. I have a hard time feeling close to people. It's been this way since an unfortunate event after high school. I used to use alcohol to feel better about it, but now that I don't drink as much -- I look at it with a sober brain most the time. I just don't trust people. I don't get people, as a whole. I think I sometimes understand where people are coming from, but then they will do something that completely throws me off... I guess I live by some pretty simple rules: 1. Don't talk crap about people if it is a lie. If it's true, hell, go crazy with it. Talk all the true crap you want to, but don't lie and don't do it just to make yourself look good. 2. Don't put up with anything you don't feel comfortable with. I have lost touch with a few friends who I feel I honestly tried to get through to. It's not my place to tell someone what they have to do, I won't do that. But, if I feel something, I will say it... and I expect my true friends to talk to me about the way they feel also. I don't place myself in situations that make me feel uncomfortable and I won't stand for people who just wait for someone to get over something w/o talking about it. 3. If you mess up, just apologize and take responsibility for the crap you pulled. I don't think anyone is perfect, but I do think that if we hurt the people we care about, we should apologize and try to fix the situation. If it means anything at all to you, even if it's hard to say you were wrong, you should do it for the sake of the person you love/care for (if you want to salvage the relationship) if not, fuck it. Move on. 4. Anything that you do out of 100% love and 100% honesty can never ever be wrong. Even if it is misunderstood or mistook, you can work it all out by talking things through with people, it sometimes takes time, but is very much worth it.
People give up too easy. People take the easy way out and have waay too much pride. People put their ideas of what you should be doing on you, and then they project and just leave when it's not what they expected...
Ok, I'm tired of whining, now... I just had to get that out.
Thursday, March 27, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment